News courtesy of the US Poultry and Egg Association (USPOULTRY)
There are only two months to go until the next International Production and Processing Expo (IPPE).
Taking place at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, USA from 28-30 January 2014, next year's expo will feature a New Approaches to Ground Pathogen Reduction program.
What's included in the program?
The program will feature a range of presentations including:
- An Overview of the State of Poultry Inspection Today and Changes Needed to Impact Public Health by Dr. Richard Raymond, former U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) undersecretary for food safety
- Poultry Food Safety Management in Retail by Christine Summers, director of food safety and quality assurance, Costco
Other topics include:
- Current On-Farm / In-Plant Interventions that Have Caused a Positive Impact in Salmonella Reduction
- Ground Poultry Food Safety across the Supply Chain
- Alternative Measurements to Consider.
A panel discussion on Alternatives to Make a Positive Impact on Public Health will also be held on the first day of the expo.
The following panelists are scheduled for this discussion:
- Mike Robach, VP corporate food safety and regulatory affairs, Cargill
- Dr. Barbara Kowalcyk, CEO and director of research, The Centre for Foodborne Illness Research and Prevention
- Dr. David Goldman, chief medical officer, USDA FSIS and
-Dr. Robert Tauxe, deputy director, CDC division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases
For more information about the expo and a full conference agenda, visit the IPPE website here.
|Former U.S. Department of Agriculture undersecretary to present program at IPPE 2014|